Thursday, March 25, 2021

Empathy and Annunciation

 

All that we touch, all that we see, all that we hear will pass away in time. But every moment is eternal. Every breath is really breathed, and this reality shines on for all that is.

What was it like when you heard the annunciation? Was it like a clap of thunder, bolting, jolting you awake? Was it like an earthquake; did your feet tremble as the ground beneath them quivered? You knew then what you had to say, not because you were compelled, but because there was only gentleness and kindness and love within your heart. Pray for me, that I may be like you. I know my faults, and know not their scope, but I want always to bear fertile love, as you did, into this world of starlight made solid. As you did, let me bear love and truth and beauty. I pray this for all who ever lived, and all who live now, and all that ever will live in this place of light and time.

No comments:

Post a Comment